This is a preview of an assignment submited on our website by a student. If you need help with this question or any assignment help, click on the order button below and get started. We guarantee quality, 100% plagiarism free work or your money back.
1. Learn how to conduct an ethical analysis of a socio-technical scenario (a computing-related issue that affects people)
2. To use the ethical theories and professional codes of ethics we have learned to analyze a socio-technical scenario. This will help you better understand the theories and codes, as well as gain practice in using them.
Assignment – Analysis
Part 1: Each individual will first do the full analysis (all 8 parts)
Each analysis (individual and group) contained in the deliverable will include the following 8 sections. Each section should be separate, and marked with its own section title.
1. Identify the moral agents (agency)
2. What is at stake? Who/what are the stakeholders?
3. Possible courses of action (identify at least 2). For each state “A possible course of action is XXX”.
4. Consequences associated with each course of action. For each state “A(nother) consequence of the action XXX is YYY”.
5. Analyze the case using two of the objective ethical theories (Act Utilitarianism, Rule Utilitarianism, Kantianism, Social Contract Theory/Rawls’ Principles of Justice).
6. Identify any clauses in both the ACM Code of Ethics and the Software Engineering Code of Ethics that would apply to this situation. Give the clause number and the actual clause and then state how and why each would apply. The clauses in the codes are generic enough that several can apply.