This is a preview of an assignment submited on our website by a student. If you need help with this question or any assignment help, click on the order button below and get started. We guarantee quality, 100% plagiarism free work or your money back.
IET 3320 – Advanced Logistics Spring 2018
Term Project Instructions
(550 total points ~45% of your course grade)
This term you will prepare a paper on a logistics practice in industry such as:
• Study in depth some component of technology (EDI Systems, Bar coding, etc.)
• Choose one of the topics we are covering in class this term or that you learned about in IET 2449 and research its impact on one specific company or industry
• Study a current ‘hot topic’ in logistics
• Research the history of a particular logistics topic or technology
• Study the logistics processes of a particular company (If you choose this option, check first to make sure there are sources available since many companies are very secretive!)
• Research various quality standards/certifications and their impact on some aspect of SCM
Please do not restrict yourself to the above list. It is meant simply as a starting point. It is best if you choose something of interest to you! The goal is to choose something that is substantial enough to write a paper on, but not so broad that you can’t achieve any depth. So, you could study a broad topic as it relates to a specific company or industry or a narrower topic for supply chains in general. I suggest choosing an area that interested you the most from IET 2449 or something related to the type of job you might want when you graduate. If you wish to choose a topic related to your own employment or experiences, be sure you are researching and learning new things, rather than simply explaining what you already know.
1) Outline of and sources for your paper (50 points)
Submit an outline of your paper (in ‘Assignments’) that lists the topics you plan to discuss and answers the two questions in the module. (See example in the module.) I am flexible on the format as long as I can follow it and it shows you have given considerable thought to the topic and how you will present it. Your paper must reference at least three reputable sources. Sources may include the internet, personal interview, textbook, journal articles, trade magazine articles, etc. You may use more sources, but at least 3 need to be submitted with your outline. Use either MLA or APA citation format to list the sources.
Alternatively, you can submit a rough draft of your paper (including at least 3 sources) and I will give you more detailed feedback to help you get a better grade on your final paper!
2) Final version of your paper (220 points)
• There is not a specific minimum length, but assuming you are using a font similar to Times New Roman 12pt and default margins, the paper should be approximately 8 pages, double spaced, not including title page, references, and any figures. Due to the size of your class, it must be no longer than 12 pages (again, not counting the things listed above), and I would be surprised if you could cover enough content to do well in less than 7 pages.
• The paper must reference at least three reputable sources. Please use MLA or APA citation format. The term paper module includes an explanation of how to do citations as well as an explanation of plagiarism.
• The grading rubric that will be used for the paper is also included in this module. Please familiarize yourself with it so you understand how I will be grading.