This is a preview of an assignment submited on our website by a student. If you need help with this question or any assignment help, click on the order button below and get started. We guarantee quality, 100% plagiarism free work or your money back.
2000 – 2500 words, APA Style manuscript format (including title page, abstract, main review, references section)
1. Develop and demonstrate the ability to synthesize psychological theory and research to address a research question appropriate to the discipline of psychology.
2. Demonstrate mastery of APA style writing.
1. You will complete a 2000 – 2500 word APA style literature review in several steps throughout the semester.
– Research Question Assignment (see relevant assignment instruction handout)
– Database & Outline Assignment (see relevant assignment instruction handout)
– Literature Review Draft 1 (instructor feedback; turnitin.com; other feedback as instructed)
– Literature Review Draft 2 (peer feedback; other feedback as instructed)
– Literature Review Final Draft (turnitin.com)
2. You will have the opportunity to receive feedback from a variety of sources and revise your work prior to turning in the final literature review.
1. APA manual (6th edition), as needed
2. Additional resources, as needed
Draft 1 Instructions
1. Papers should be typed, double-spaced, with 1” margins
2. Papers will be in APA style, and include a title page, running head, page numbers, headings, abstract, and a reference page (see relevant sections in APA manual).
3. 10 or more references
4. There will be a mix of full article summaries (3 – 4), brief summaries, article evaluation, and so forth that support the main points you wish to make in answering your research question.
5. Incomplete drafts (e.g., missing introduction, no reference section, etc.) will be immediately returned to the student. Incomplete drafts will not receive feedback until they are completed.
Draft 1 Grading
1. Papers will be evaluated on clarity of writing, adherence to APA style, accuracy in summarizing research, quality of synthesis and critical evaluation pertinent to the paper question posed, and completeness.
Literature Review Conference
1. Attendance during your scheduled time slot is mandatory.
2. Record the meeting or take very good notes!
Draft 2 Instruction
1. In response to instructor feedback and other feedback (as specified by instructor), you will revise Draft 1, paying special attention to those aspects noted by the instructor, and consulting the APA manual as directed.
2. Bring 2 copies of Draft 2 on the day indicated in the course schedule.
3. You will exchange papers with classmates as directed by the instructor.
– You will be expected to give detailed feedback on the classmates’ drafts on the day indicated in the course schedule.
Literature Review Final
1. Students will have 1 more opportunity to revise the literature review prior to turning the final paper.
2. I encourage you to use whatever resources are available to you (e.g., Writing Center) as you prepare your final paper.
1. The Final Draft will be worth up to 100 points.
2. Papers will be evaluated on
– relevance of topic to psychology
– quality of research question
– accuracy in summarizing research
– organization and coherence
– quality of synthesis and critical evaluation pertinent to the paper question posed
– clarity of writing (grammar, preciseness, etc.)
– adherence to APA style