This is a preview of an assignment submited on our website by a student. If you need help with this question or any assignment help, click on the order button below and get started. We guarantee quality, 100% plagiarism free work or your money back.
Resistance to Talent Management and Leaders’ Intuition
"Resistance to Talent Management and Leaders’ Intuition" Please respond to the following:
- Strategy-driven talent management is considered the most effective way to acquire and maintain top talent. Develop three possible ways that senior leadership might resist the development of a strategy and one way to combat each of these types of resistance to ensure a sustainable talent management strategy remains in place.
- Debate the value of leaders who profess to have their own methods to identify high-potential employees. Consider the risks involved with an unstructured method to select future organizational leaders.
Assignment 4: Porter Novelli or Southern Company Case Study
Due Week 8 and worth 150 points
From the Goldsmith & Carter textbook, select either the Porter Novelli (Chapter 12) or Southern Company (Chapter 13) case study for this assignment.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the roles that the strategic leaders played in the formation of the performance management strategy.
- Develop a five (5) point criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of the talent management strategy and how the data could be collected.
- Critique the components of your talent management strategy and suggest alternative ways to achieve effective results.
- Outline the functional expertise component of this strategy and how it optimizes the company’s ability to identify highly qualified individuals.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
- The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast the talent assessment and employee performance management processes.
- Review the process of developing functional expertise and setting and measuring talent management objectives.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in talent management.
- Write clearly and concisely about talent management using proper writing mechanics.