This is a preview of an assignment submited on our website by a student. If you need help with this question or any assignment help, click on the order button below and get started. We guarantee quality, 100% plagiarism free work or your money back.
Texts Book: Chapter 5
Woodside, Marianne R. & McClam, T. (2013). An introduction to human services (8th ed.). CA: Thompson Brooks/Cole, ISBN-13: 978-1285-74990-7
Woodside & McClam: Chapter 5
You will view the film, “I Can Do Bad All By Myself”. Using the information you gained from the required reading, and film, apply what you learned to this activity!
1. Provide a background summary of the film, including the title and brief descriptions of the main characters.
2. Create a list of (4) problems that the client-family in the film is experiencing. Identify more problems as you see and feel they are encountering.
3. In your analysis, identify whether the problems can be characterized as Developmental, Situational, Human Needs, or Social Change.
4. Compare/contrast what you would expect the family to receive from a Human Service worker or a nonprofit service organization with what they actually received or experienced. How would you evaluate the success of the services provided?
5. How did the family develop its social resources?